Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 2



This was the first card I made  for WMSC but posted it second.  




We have been blessed with a beautiful fall this year. Not so much in the colors, but the leaves had a chance to actually fall off the trees and float to the ground. It just makes me happy to see leave  on the ground and on the front porch and we had rain too! 
We usually get very high winds ( sometimes gust of up to 75 mph or more) The leaves are gone before they have to chance to turn colors and naturally fall to the ground. I know this might sound funny to some of you. But we have all been commenting how much we love seeing the 
leaves softly blowing around.
This week the high winds are comming…… the pool will be filled and it will take me at least 2 to 3 days to get them all out  Even with the automatic pool vacuum.


 I know I have used this paper from Hobby Lobby a few times , but  I love it. Each time I use a different color card stock and that sure changes it up , that and the 12x12 has quite a few different scenes. 

Loved this sketch . The stamps I used are Seasonal Remedies. Snowflake is from Hobby Lobby as well. The tiny holly is cut from memory box . The card stock is from Papertrey Ink Scarlet Jewel.

I hope the rest of your week will be a good one. Thank you for stopping by.


22 comments:

  1. OH, leaves in a pool are a pain for sure! They get so heavy when they are wet.
    I love your gorgeous card Marybeth~the colors are striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Marybeth! I love the paper too! And such a sweet card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Marybeth. You have fall but here in Holland it is snowing!!!! Love when the whole world is white.
    Your cards are as always very nice.
    Love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular stamping and perfect use of the sketch!!! Tks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card , I love this sentiment and that its your focal point .
    I can see why you cant resist using those background papers they are very pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeos card, Marybeth. I love the paper, snowflake and sentiment. The sentiment stamp fits so perfectly onto your die, too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the richness of this red and your layout, sponging and snowflake make this so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope I don't think it's funny at all I LOVE to see those leaves fluttering about and swishing through them on our walks!! Keep using this paper all you want Marybeth it's just lovely. This stamp on your SB label is fantastic, love the tiny crown! Pretty card today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marybeth, this is SO striking! The red and white colors are a WOW!!! Love it and I also love the background paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card. I love those colors, and your background paper is really quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beautiful, Marybeth. ;-) I love the deep, rich color against the bright white and creams. LOVE that snowflake ensemble! And the DP is lovely - good choice. ;-) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Marybeth! Love the rich red color and the sentiment taking center stage! The distressing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another amazing card ! very nice and I love stamp set you used :)white & red & black in perfect harmony !

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH, Marybeth...
    it's gorgeous!!!
    I love the colors...
    and that label...
    perfect!!
    A gorgeous take on this fabby sketch!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marybeth your card is absolutely so so gorgeous! You are so talented at combining beautiful layers. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous colors!! Leaves falling softly....lovely fall feeling....can imagine how it is more enjoyable than gusts and lots to clean up. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another gorgeous card, Marybeth! Love the colors, the paper and the beautiful snowflake! Hugs from Finland where we already have snow and more and more is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is so elegant, Marybeth! Love how you featured that gorgeous sentiment from Seasonal Remedies with this paper!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marybeth this is so elegant! I love all the details you put in it! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply gorgeous! The colors are just beautiful, just like your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful, Marybeth! The paper is gorgeous so use it all you want. And the label was a perfect choice. It looks so wonderful with that die cut.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love it when you do!
Take care.